Clubs Night postponed a week, will happen today

554
0

Clubs Night is an evening of festivities held for students that are involved in a club, hosted by the Inter-Club Council (ICC) and the Associated Student Body Government.

This event has been a San Joaquin Delta College tradition for as long as the ICC has been around, which is more than 20 years ago.

The event was originally scheduled to take place on March 2, but has been postponed until today.

“Clubs Night was postponed from March 2nd to March 9th in order to get the budget approved by the associated student body government and to better plan and prepare for the event,” wrote Vice President of Student Affairs Bronche Taylor in an email interview.

The theme of clubs night is “A Night in Emerald City.”

There will food and drinks for all who are attending and music from DJ Sound Motion.

The celebration gives club members a chance to win prize money by competing and winning in games and activities such as root beer pong, a Jello-eating competition and a talent contest.

“Students that are in a club can attend simply by registering online for the clubs night event on the delta college website on the ICC tab. Students that are not in a club will be allowed to attend the event but will not be allowed to participate in the club activities. Such as games the clubs will compete in to win money for their clubs to produce activities,” wrote Taylor.

The event will be held from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. today in Danner Hall.