Nearly New Sale returns

792
0

The Delta College Fashion Club held their annual spring semester Nearly New Sale on April 4, in upper Danner.

BROWSING: Students and faculty browse through the clothing on display in search of anything that they may want from the nearly new sale hosted by the Fashion Club. PHOTO BY JERMAINE DAVIS

Several designer brands and apparel for men, women & children were among many of the items on sale for students, faculty and staff to purchase.

This year, the accessories included a large collection of men’s shoes, women’s health care products and fashion related books.

“The Nearly New Sale is fun and it’s challenging at the same time,” said Fashion Club member Kasey Sneed. “It takes a lot of time setting up in the morning, but it gives you a peak into what it’s like to work in a retail environment,” she added.

Fashion Club members spend their time at the Nearly New Sale, making sure items are in place, customers are greeted kindly, and maintaining the retail store atmosphere.

The Nearly New Sale provides Fashion Club members with the experience of working at a fast pace, like what department store clerks deal with daily at retail stores.

Students who were in attendance at the Nearly New Sale, had a wonderful time exploring their options on which accessories to buy.

“I had a really good time today, I picked out a sick shirt that I wanted and got it,” said Delta student Ryan Camero.

Funds generated from the event go toward the Fashion Department’s fashion show on May 9.

Tickets are $30 and are available by calling (209) 954-5573 or stopping by the Fashion Department Shima 106.