CELEBRITY RUMORS: Social media exposes the lives of the rich and famous

1060
0

Jay Z has 99 problems but divorce isn’t one.

Last September during a stop in Paris on him and Beyonce’s “On the Run” tour, Jay Z allegedly changed some of the lyrics during a performance of his song “Beach is Better.”

Jay Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, changed the original lyric “I replace it with another one,” to “’Cause she pregnant with another one,” according to People Magazine.

After the concert, Life + Times uploaded a picture of Beyonce and Jay Z from Twitter of the married couple holding a flute of champagne, sparking rumors Beyonce might not be pregnant.

In the actual picture, the “Flawless” singer isn’t pictured sipping champagne.

It could be sparkling juice.

Reps for the couple haven’t responded to the pregnancy rumor and without clear audio proof besides an Instagram video with a recording, it’s difficult to tell whether this is true or false.

After all, it wouldn’t be in true Beyonce fashion to have news such as a second pregnancy released in a nonchalant way.

During her “Love on Top” performance at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards, Beyonce unbuttoned her blazer, turned to the side and rubbed her belly, confirming the news she was expecting.

Celebrity rumors: social media is rampant with them. And few know the truth.

Why is society fixated on celebrity lives?

Before social media, the lives of celebrities were an enigma. Tabloid newspapers and magazines only gave a glimpse of the daily routines of celebrities … or so it may seemed like they did. Nowadays, they’re not thanks to social media.

In other news, Ariana Grande has been accused of being a diva … again.

According to the New York Daily News, the “Problem” singer made a scene at the Out Hotel in New York City.

Grande allegedly kicked everyone out of the lobby before arriving.

Grande also reportedly asked the staff to “get rid” of the paparazzi outside the building before sending a security guard to find her Swarovski crystal-embellished microphone pack which was needed for her 3:30 a.m. show.

In September, Grande cancelled a promotional photo shoot with Australian media.

Prior to the cancellation, the media were instructed to not ask Grande questions about certain topics including questions on relationships/dating/ex-boyfriends, Mariah Carey comparisons, the fallout with Sam & Cat costar, Jennette McCurdy and the death of her grandfather.

During the shoot, Grande checked each frame taken and asked for shots she disliked to be deleted.

Grande left the photo session after an mX photographer refused to delete the shots that she didn’t approve.

With social media, celebrities are less of an enigma. Everyday people can relate to them because they can post a picture on Instagram or tweet a post on Twitter.

With these social tools, celebrities can connect with their fans and stir up controversy in the process.

Essentially, with social media, celebrities are less likely to be mysterious. Instead, they’re seen as people who have the same goals and aspirations as average individuals.