Horror resurrection in video games terrefies players

354
0

Horror has come back in a big way, but not on the silver screen.

Video games have taken the reigns for the horror genre with the releases of “Alien: Isolation”, “The Evil Within” and the highly acclaimed “P.T.”

“Alien: Isolation” is a throwback to the original film by Ridley Scott from 1979.

Going away with the Alien films and games and back to the terrifying survivor horror that Scott originally intended the franchise to be.

The game is set on a ship, where you run and hide from an alien that’s stalking and killing all passengers.

“Alien: Isolation” delivers on this promise. It Constantly keeps the player at grips with their heart rate and breath at every sound and sight of the alien.

Perhaps stealthily avoiding getting killed by an Alien isn’t for you. Maybe as a gamer and horror fan you need some sense of control with weapons that do damage.

“The Evil Within” provides that, but with intense thrilling scenarios engulfed by gore and places no one would ever wish to be.
“Resident Evil” creator Shinji Mikami brought gamers a new terrifying world unlike any other.
There is, however, a taste of all worlds of the horror genre placed into the game including zombies, demons, ghosts, etc.
“You took Nathan Drake and threw him into the basement of the Cabin in the Woods movie, but with much less ammo,” said gamer and horror film buff Ever Basco.
Basco said it was “like the Saw films also” with the dark and bloody scenery.
The heart-racing pace will keep gamers on the edge of their seats just as Shinji Mikami’s “Resident Evil” series but this time with a lot more “oh no” moments.
For the grand master piece of horror in games comes “P.T.” (Playable Teaser). A demo that appeared on the PlayStation 4 store in August.
The game is from “Metal Gear Solid” creator Hideo Kojima with assistance from director Guillermo del Toro.
It is a demo/teaser to the next installment of the “Silent Hill” franchise.
“P.T.” will easy spook and terrify all whom dare play.
The game features a repeating hallway in a haunted house. Filled with jump scares and the desire to run and hide at every twist as the player laps the hallway.
PlayStation gamer Oscar Gonzalez said it is “the scariest (expletive) game I’ve ever played. I hate it.”
Twitch and YouTube have a great amount of players demonstrating themselves playing “P.T.” with commentary that will match the viewer’s fear.
Survival horror specifically is back, now in a new way that is fully immersive and far more terrifying.