Movie sequels: If twice is not as nice, why thrice?

656
0

There are many movies known for sequels. However, some aren’t building the sought after fan bases for continuing pieces of work.

Sequels are additions to captivating ideas and stories, such as a part two or three.

There are several movie additions critics raise questions towards. Sometimes the reality is that bad ideas lead to dumb sequels.

“In movies some people just don’t know when enough is enough,” said Michael Castro, a Delta student.

There’s an endless list of questionable sequels that rather than entertain make the audience wonder why they were created at all.

Questionable sequels such as “Scary Movie,” “The Hangover,” “Mean Girls,” “Legally Blonde” and “Paranormal Activity.”

“The movie ‘Taken’ is an example of this. It never needed two sequels to get the point across,” continued Castro.

With recent sequels being released, it’s obvious it’s best to stay with the original.

“In a lot of cases the worst movie sequels come from a series where the first is iconic or popular,” said Castro.

A few iconic series with multiple quality sequels include “Jaws,” “Fast and Furious” and “Star Wars.”

Opinions against sequels are the determining factor towards the quality of the series.

There are quite a few upcoming sequels releasing in the next few months.

According the Internet Movie Database website, releasing soon are “Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension,” “Ted 2,” “Terminator Genisys,” “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” “Jurassic World,” “Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens” and “Pitch Perfect 2” to name a few.

It will be up to the audience and critics to determine if these sequels will be worth the work put into the upcoming releases.